Shopping on the Monterey Peninsula
Shopping in Monterey
Monterey, Pacific Grove, and Carmel are filled with great shopping opportunities. Below is a short list of our most popular shopping destinations.
- American Tin Cannery Outlets
- Located near Cannery Row and right on the ocean, you can save from 25 – 65% every day at a collection of 40 brand name outlet stores (without the huge outlet crowds) including Reebok, Van Huesen, Bass, Nine West, OshKosh and more. There are also a few restaurants on site. 125 Ocean View Blvd, Pacific Grove.
- Cannery Row Antique Mall
- The Cannery Row Antique Mall is the largest antique dealer on the Central Coast with a total of 21,000 square feet and 150 dealers. Housed in a refubished building that once housed the Carmel Canning Company, this antique mall specializes in furniture, jewelry, silver, crystal, china, glass, art, books, toys and vintage clothing. 471 Wave Street, Monterey.
- Carmel Plaza
- Carmel Plaza has over 40 luxury stores and fine restaurants, including world-class brands such as Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co., Sur La Table, Cole Haan, J. Crew-by-the-sea, Tommy Bahama, Yves Delorme, CosBar, Anthropologie, and Wilkes Bashford. Unparalleled perfection exists within this three level shopping plaza in the heart of Carmel-by-the-Sea. Just eight blocks from the beautiful Carmel coastline, Carmel Plaza is the epitome of fashion luxury shopping and dining. Carmel Plaza provides unparalleled customer service, amenities and shopping experience. In addition, Carmel Plaza has the only underground parking in Carmel with direct access to the plaza and downtown Carmel.
- Del Monte Shopping Center
- When people ask us about THE shopping center to go to, we direct them here. With over 85 shops and anchored by Macy’s, the center includes beautifully landscaped courtyards, a 13-screen movie theater, a variety of restaurants and specialty shops. 1410 Del Monte Shopping Center, Monterey.
- Downtown Carmel
- Carmel-by-the-Sea is about one square mile in size but features over 60 art galleries, an immense variety of unique shops, and some of the best restaurants in the area. If you are in the mood to shop, park at the Carmel Plaza (Junipero and Ocean Aves) and just walk up and down Ocean Avenue. Take a break at a restaurant for lunch or down at Carmel Beach (widely regarded as the nicest beach in the area). If you have the energy, check out the sidestreets up and down Ocean Avenue for more shops that are tucked away. There are simply too many different types of stores to even start naming them! Mostly Shops on Ocean Avenue in downtown Carmel.
- Pacific Grove – Downtown
- Going into Pacific Grove to shop has its definite advantages. Pacific Grove is more of a quiet, Victorian Village and you won’t have to deal with an overabundance of people fighting over parking spots. While you are browsing in many of the unique shops (bookstores, clothing, furniture, gifts, hardware, jewelry, toys etc..), you can enjoy the historical Victorians, have lunch at one of several great restaurants, walk down to the ocean and just relax.
- The Barnyard Shopping Village
- Shopping in Carmel, California, is known as a shopper’s paradise, but in Carmel only one shopping center is a paradise to shop in — The Barnyard. With over 50 unique shops, galleries and restaurants, surrounded by lush gardens, it’s no wonder the L.A. Times reported that it’s, “what a shopping center ought to be.” Stores occupy old barns – very picturesque with beautiful gardens and restaurants with outdoor seating. 26400 Carmel Rancho Lane, Carmel.
- The Crossroads Shopping Village
- The Crossroads Shopping Center features award-winning restaurants featuring a variety of cuisines (and price ranges), an outdoor garden pathway to 60 high-end specialty businesses including fashion, jewelry, specialty foods and more. For more shopping, the Barnyard Shopping Center is located right across the street and downtown Carmel is just a few minutes drive away. 243 Crossroads Blvd, Carmel.
- Trotters Antiques
- Established for over 40 years, Trotters Antiques features the finest examples of 18th, 19th, and 20th Century antiques in over 10,000 square feet of space. Items include dolls, sterling silver, art, glass, china, porcelian and more. A guarantee of authenticity is received with every purchase. 301-303 Forest Avenue, Pacific Grove.