Golf Courses on the Monterey Peninsula
World Class Golf Vacations
The Monterey Peninsula has a total of 19 courses and we have listed the best in a variety of price ranges. Below are a few of the most popular.
Also see our Bayonet / Black Horse Golf Package: This package is for two persons including one-night accommodations, our continental breakfast and a round of golf with a golf cart.
- Bayonet Golf Course
- This course was closed to the public and only open to those on Fort Ord, a former army base. All I heard was how great and challenging this course was. And when Fort Ord closed, for the most part in 1994, the course underwent a renovation and is one of the finest in the area. They have a bar and grill and a pro shop on site. Tee times for the general public may be made up to 14 days in advance without reservation fees and 15-29 days in advance with reservation fees. The reservation fee due at the time of booking is ten dollars per person and is non-refundable. This fee is in addition to the regular greens & cart fee. We require a credit card to make tee times on Fri./Sat./Sun./& Holidays. Last Known Rates: Golf Rates January – December Mon – Friday $64 Sat, Sun, & Holidays $84 Carts Mandatory before 12 pm on Sat., Sun. & Holidays. Cart fees are not included in Greens Fee. Twighlight rates are $50 Mon-Fri and $60 on Sat, Sun and holidays. 1 McClure Way, Seaside
- Laguna Seca Golf Club
- Discover a public golf treasure in the heart of the Monterey Peninsula! In 1970, Robert Trent Jones Senior and Junior crafted 18 beautiful holes that follow the natural terrain of the oak-studded coastal hills along the Monterey-Salinas corridor. You get a lot of great golf for your green fee at Laguna Seca Golf Club! 18 championship holes * Callaway golf club rentals * Putting/chipping practice areas * Walking permitted * Resort quality golf shop * View-rich dining * Full bar service * Complete tournament services. $65 per round — not ultra cheap but for this area, it’s not bad–especially for the quality of the course. 10520 York Road, Monterey.
- Links at Spanish Bay
- Authentic Scottish Seaside Course which follows the rugged Monterey Coastline with wonderful ocean vista’s. The second highest rated course on the Peninsula. $230 per round plus $25 per person cart fee ($120 + cart Twilight rates). Best bet for a preferred tee time is to stay at the Inn at Spanish Bay or the Lodge at Pebble Beach. The Inn at Spanish Bay, 17 Mile Drive, Pebble Beach.
- Pacific Grove Links
There are not too many golf courses that you can play that allow you to enjoy an ocean view and such a relaxed feel (so relaxed that you will often see deer lounging around the course!). From just $18-$38 a round, the backdrop for this course is the stunning Monterey Bay Coastline. Driving Range and full service restaurant. 18-hole Par 70 course (short at just 5,700 yards). 775 Asilomar Avenue, Pacific Grove.
- Pebble Beach Golf Links
- Anyone who has ever picked up a golf club has heard about this course. Difficult to get a tee time? Yes. Impossible? No. If you can afford the $425+cart fee per round, it is worth a try. Best bet is to stay at one of the Pebble Beach properties: The Lodge at Pebble Beach, the Inn at Spanish Bay or Casa Palmero because you will have a lot better chance of obtaining a tee time. Otherwise, reservations are accepted 24 hours in advance only. The Lodge at Pebble Beach, 17 Mile Drive, Pebble Beach.
- Peter Hay Golf Course
- You can say you played “Pebble” for just $20! This is a 9 hole, par 27 course adjacent to the Lodge at Pebble Beach and the world famous Pebble Beach Golf Course. Only 1500 yards in length but a great place to play for cheap and a good idea for the more inexperienced golfer. The Lodge at Pebble Beach, 17 Mile Drive, Pebble Beach.
- Poppy Hills Golf Course
- One of the 3 courses used for the annual Pebble Beach Pro-Am tournament. The highest rated course on the Monterey Peninsula. Mon-Thurs $125 plus cart; Fri-Sun $150 plus cart. One of the longest courses in the area as well at 6,833 yards. this par-72 Robert Trent Jones II layout has many bunkers, tricky greens protected by water and ravine drop-offs. 3200 Lopez Road, Pebble Beach.
- Oceans 18 Black Light Miniature Golf
- Family Fun for everyone: For the fun experience of Miniature Golf. 125 Ocean View Blvd., Suite 304, Pacific Grove, CA 93950. PH 831-643-9215
- Please note: all listed prices subject to change